Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yes Man 2008 Peyton Reed

I had gotten really tired of Jim Carrey and his whole Jim Carrey-ness.  As a result, I hadn't seen a Jim Carrey movie in  a very long time.  Then I watched I Love You, Phillip Morris.  That movie was fantastic enough to make me go back and see what I've been missing.  Not to the extreme of The Number 23, but at least to give this movie a chance.

Jim Carrey plays a man who says "no" all the time.  His friends are starting to hate him and he's getting lonely.  Then he goes to a self help seminar and learns to say "yes" to everything.  He does and hijinks ensue.   It's a pretty funny movie, and I feel a little bad about waiting so long to see OOOHHH MY GOD!!!! ZOOEY DESCHANEL IS IN THIS!  WHY????  DOES SHE HAVE TO RUIN EVERYTHING?  WHY?  WHY DOES SHIE SING IN EVERYTHING?  WHY DOES HER VOICE SOUND LIKE A GOOSE HONKING?  WHY?  WHY?  WHY?

Actually, she's not that bad or annoying in this.  Everyone seems subdued next to Jim Carrey.  It's a completely average time waster.  If you grew up on '80's comedies like I did, the last bit will remind you of films like Liscense to Drive & Like Father, Like Son, but in a good way.  But Zooey Deschanel does sing - which sucks - but then so does everyone else in this movie, so her crappy voice is diluted.  Other than that, it's pretty entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment